Our Aberdeen cosmetic dentists see a lot of patients for orthodontic consultations. When we go over our different options with our patients, one of the top questions that come up is what the difference between Invisalign clear braces and ClearCorrect invisible aligners is. To help our patients understand what makes these two clear aligner systems different, we’ve compiled a list of their differences. We hope this clarity helps you decide which treatment is best for you!
Clear Braces Treatment Options
One major difference between Invisalign and ClearCorrect is the treatment itself. Although they both use clear aligners, the treatment times are much different.
Invisalign offers four different treatment plans including:
- Full – You receive as many aligners as you need to accomplish your goals.
- Express 10 – your treatment includes up to 10 aligners.
- Express 5 – Your treatment only includes 5 aligners.
- Teen – Specially made aligners specifically made for teens that include a compliance indicator to ensure teens wear them properly.
ClearCorrect offers three different options:
- Unlimited – This treatment provides an unlimited number of aligners until the desired results are achieved. Treatments can take up to 3 years to complete.
- Limited 12 – This treatment uses 12 total aligners to move your teeth.
- Limited 6 – This treatment uses only 6 sets of aligners to move your teeth. This type of treatment is most ideal for patients with minor problems or those who didn’t wear their retainers after having braces.
Cost of Invisalign versus Cost of ClearCorrect
The cost of Invisalign ranges from $1,000 to $8,500 while the cost of ClearCorrect ranges from $2,000 to $8,000.
Material and Comfort
Invisalign uses thermoplastic material while ClearCorrect aligners use polyurethane resin. ClearCorrect uses a thinner material than Invisalign which some patients might find more comfortable. However, ClearCorrect aligners are weaker and more prone to damage. The thinner plastic is also sharper around the edges near your gums.
Manufacturing of Clear Braces
The last major difference between ClearCorrect and Invisalign is where the aligners are manufactured. ClearCorrect is made in the United States as a dental lab in Texas while Invisalign creates the aligners outside the US.
What’s The Best Way To Straighten Your Teeth in Aberdeen?
So which orthodontic treatment option is best for you? Since the two treatments can accomplish the same results, Dr. Grimshaw will discuss which one would work best for you and your needs during a consultation. To learn more about ClearCorrect and Invisalign in Aberdeen and to find out which is right for you, please schedule an appointment at Kuhn Dental Associates today by calling (910) 692-4450.