Leaders in Full-Mouth Restoration
Dr. Ritt Kuhn and Dr. Mandy Grimshaw are leaders in the field of full-mouth restoration.
Dr. Grimshaw and Dr. Kuhn have completed considerable advanced training on complex dental reconstruction and are impassioned about restoring patients’ mouths and enhancing their quality of life.
Dr. Kuhn has an unusually wide range of surgical and prosthetic skills that make him a very versatile dentist. (Prosthodontics is a branch of dentistry that restores oral health and function through the use of artificial teeth.)
He is one of the first dentists in the region to perform the All-on-4® procedure for same-day new teeth, and remains one of a handful of dentists in his area that can both place and restore dental implants.
Dr. Grimshaw uses her advanced training in neuromuscular dentistry to correct bite alignment, an essential component to an enduring restoration. She provides treatment for disorders with the temporomandibular joint (TMJ) which can cause a misaligned bite and/or damaged teeth and jaw joints.
Both doctors have a passion for aesthetics and are highly skilled in restorative dentistry. They provide beautiful crowns, bridges and porcelain veneers. Because of their experience and commitment to excellence, they have many patients who travel long distances to receive care.
Keeping You Relaxed and Comfortable
We make sure you are comfortable at all times during your visit.
Our entire team is dedicated to your comfort. In addition to reassurance, we offer blankets, refreshments and lavender-scented towels. During treatment, you can relax in a comfy dental chair and listen to music or watch a movie.
Oral and IV Sedation
Dr. Kuhn is certified to provide oral and IV sedation, and offers this option for patients who are anxious or when longer procedures are required. IV sedation allows Dr. Kuhn to provide more treatment during a visit, and he always has an RN present to monitor your vitals and ensure your comfort.
Both of our doctors can provide oral sedation to take the edge off. You’ll be drowsing pleasantly, but able to be easily woken.
NuCalm Drug-Free Relaxation
We also offer NuCalm, which uses advanced neuroscience instead of drugs to help you feel calm. NuCalm combines a number of diverse stimuli to disarm your body’s stress response. Instead of feeling anxious, you will enter a meditative state, almost like being at the edge of sleep.
Instead of being stressful, your dental visit might turn into the most relaxing thing you do all week!
Our Approach to Full-Mouth Restoration
Dr. Grimshaw uses her advanced training in neuromuscular dentistry to detect and correct issues with your bite.
We begin the process with a consultation to discuss your goals and expectations for your oral health. Your doctor will review your medical and dental history and conduct a very thorough oral examination.
We check for signs of periodontal (gum) disease and disorders with your jaw joint. Prior to beginning surgical or restorative treatment, we must control gum disease, as this condition can also affect supporting structures and cause a restoration to fail. Jaw joint disorders and misalignment of the bite are also corrected to alleviate pain and to ensure a fully functioning mouth.
If needed, we will take highly detailed images of your teeth and jaw with our 3D cone beam scanner.
Ensuring a successful and enduring restoration requires thorough planning and careful treatment. Our doctors evaluate diagnostic tests of your jaw and mouth, take impressions and measurements, and a dental CT scan (3D X-rays), as needed. They plan each step of treatment ahead of time using study models and digital imaging.
If a patient has many teeth that can’t be salvaged and will need to be extracted, or if the patient already wears dentures or other restorations that are uncomfortable and don’t allow the patient to eat the foods they need, Dr. Ritt Kuhn can create a set of fully functional teeth that give back 90% of full chewing power. With the All-on-4 New Teeth in One Day procedure, you can have stable, comfortable teeth without dentures that need to be removed at night.
Our Full-Mouth Restoration Procedures
Full-mouth restoration may involve a number of different procedures such as:
- Treatment for Gum Disease. We treat gum disease in all stages, from mild to severe, without surgery. Our team uses ultrasonic scaling for deep cleaning, and lasers to remove diseased tissue and disinfect gums.
- Dental Implants offer the most stable and lifelike solution for missing teeth. They can be used to replace a single missing tooth, replace multiple missing teeth or support dentures and bridges when replacing all teeth.
- All-on-4 New Teeth in One Day. We can provide you with a full mouth of new teeth supported by four implants per arch with this revolutionary treatment.
- One-Visit Bridges. With the CEREC process, we can make a permanent, natural-looking bridge for you in just one visit to our office.
- One-Visit Porcelain Crowns. With the state-of-the-art CEREC system, we can provide you with high-quality, durable porcelain crowns in a single visit.
- One-Visit Onlays & Inlays. In just one visit, we can repair a tooth damaged by mild to moderate decay with a CEREC onlay or inlay.
- Porcelain Veneers. We use a variety of materials to create lovely, wafer-thin veneers that fit over the surface of your teeth and cover a wide variety of minor imperfections.
- One-Visit Root Canal Therapy. Using rotary instruments and ultrasonic technology, we can quickly and efficiently clean an infected root canal while keeping you free from pain. The CEREC system allows us to provide you with a porcelain crown to protect your root canal the same visit.
- Dental Bridges. Depending on your particular situation, we offer both traditional dental bridges and bridges supported by dental implants.