Dental Crowns can fix a tooth that is badly damaged. Are you afraid it might need to be pulled? Don’t give up on that tooth just yet. Dental crowns can repair many teeth that look like they might be hopeless. With a dental crown, the tooth can be strengthened and beautified. The tooth will look and function like new. And with our advanced CEREC technology, you can get your dental crowns made in just one appointment.
Do you need a dental crown in Aberdeen, NC? Learn how our approach can make your procedure more convenient and comfortable. Please call (910) 692-4450 today for an appointment with restorative dentist Dr. Mandy Grimshaw at Kuhn Dental Associates.
What Dental Crowns Can Do
Dental crowns are very versatile dental restorations. They can help in many situations.
- Extensive decay. If your tooth has been damaged by dental decay to the point that it is weakened, a dental crown can support the damaged tooth. It also protects against future decay.
- Root canal therapy. When decay reaches the inner chamber of the tooth, the tooth can get infected. Root canal therapy removes the vulnerable part of the tooth to stop a current infection or prevent a future one. A dental crown protects the treated tooth.
- Chipped or cracked teeth. If your tooth has developed chips or cracks that threaten the strength of the tooth, a dental crown can hold the tooth together, stopping the progress of the crack.
- Cosmetic dentistry. Dental crowns can perform all the same functions as veneers, and we might recommend a crown if a veneer might be vulnerable to damage.
- Dental implants. A dental implant is technically a replacement tooth root. To replace the visible part of the tooth, you need a restoration, such as a crown.
- Dental bridges. Dental bridges use crowns over healthy teeth to support a replacement tooth. The crowns are fused to the replacement tooth.
- Full mouth reconstruction. When we are rebuilding your bite, we need restorations that are strong. This means that we often rely on dental crowns.
Our procedure for Dental Crowns in one visit
The CEREC system is a cutting-edge technology that allows us condense a formerly lengthy process down to a single office visit. The CEREC procedure involves the following four steps:
- Digital impression: Dr. Grimshaw captures a 3D image of your tooth with a handheld digital camera, and the image is sent to the design station.
- Designing your crown. Dr. Grimshaw designs your crown with computer software. She will choose the shape, shade and position that will match your natural teeth.
- Milling your crown. Your crown is milled from a single block of high-grade porcelain that is very similar to natural tooth enamel. Using a solid block makes the crown very durable and resistant to cracks and fissures.
- Adjusting your crown for a perfect match. Dr. Grimshaw will make any necessary adjustment to the shade and fit of your crown.
We provide high-quality dentistry and we stand behind our work by offering a 5-year guarantee on our dental restorations. This guarantee is valid as long as you take care of your mouth by brushing and flossing daily, and come in twice a year for professional cleanings.
Tom is very happy with his one-visit CEREC crowns.
“The porcelain crown was totally completed in the dentist’s office, so it was fast and convenient. All of the attentive staff is well trained along with Dr. Grimshaw, and they have the latest equipment. The results of these procedures have been very satisfactory. Dr. Grimshaw is very professional and friendly. I would certainly recommend Kuhn Dental Associates to anyone.”