One-Visit Crowns in Aberdeen
Natural-looking, durable Porcelain Crowns in one visit
CEREC (CEramic REConstruction) is a state-of-the-art system used to create porcelain tooth restorations such as crowns, onlays and inlays in a single visit. Dr. Grimshaw has received special training to use this CAD/CAM (computer-aided design/computer-aided manufacturing) technology, and CEREC restorations are created right in our office.
The traditional method of producing a crown required two or more office visits. With the CEREC system, Dr. Grimshaw can design, mill and fabricate a durable, natural-looking porcelain crown in just one visit, and often in less than an hour. This means there's no need for a temporary crown or additional office visits.
Dr. Grimshaw has been creating beautiful crown for her patients for over 10 years. She continually hones her skills with a commitment to advanced education, and she has taken many hours of post-graduate coursework in cosmetic dentistry.
Benefits of CEREC
- CEREC crowns are completed in just one visit. No second appointments or temporaries are needed.
- Durable and natural-looking. CEREC crowns are made from high-quality porcelain that mimics the translucency of natural tooth enamel. Ceramic blocks are available in 17 shades for precision color matching.
- Strong and long-lasting. Each crown is milled from a single, solid block of porcelain, making it resistant to cracks and fissures. The traditional method of pressing and layering to create crowns lacks the strength and durability of the CEREC method.
- Faster recovery time with less tooth sensitivity. CEREC restorations can be used to restore a tooth that has undergone a procedure, such as root canal therapy. Restoring a tooth immediately after a treatment provides protection, resulting in less irritation and prevention of further infection.
- Precise and efficient. The CEREC’s computerized system is precise and efficient. A 3D digital image is sent to the automated milling machine, which cuts and shapes the restoration from a single block of ceramic porcelain with accurate computerized mechanisms.
- Biocompatible, metal-free materials. CEREC restorations are made of ceramic porcelain that is compatible with your body. Unlike restorations that use metal, there is no mercury or unattractive gray line at the base of the tooth near the gum line.
- Natural acting. CEREC crowns are milled from a single block of high-grade porcelain, making them less prone to flaws and cracking, and the porcelain expands in the same manner as natural teeth.
Our procedure for Crowns in one visit
The CEREC system is a cutting-edge technology that allows us condense a formerly lengthy process down to a single office visit. The CEREC procedure involves the following four steps.
- Digital impression: Dr. Grimshaw captures a 3D image of your tooth with a handheld digital camera, and the image is sent to the design station.
- Designing your crown. Dr. Grimshaw designs your crown with computer software. She will choose the shape, shade and position that will match your natural teeth.
- Milling your crown. Your crown is milled from a single block of high-grade porcelain that is very similar to natural tooth enamel. Using a solid block makes the crown very durable and resistant to cracks and fissures.
- Adjusting your crown for a perfect match. Dr. Grimshaw will make any necessary adjustment to the shade and fit of your crown.
Premium aesthetics for your crown
When placing crowns on your front teeth, we often work with an excellent lab to create your crowns. We have long-term relationships with our labs and collaborate closely with them during the fabrication process.
Our labs use a variety of materials when creating beautiful custom crowns. Porcelain or zirconia are the most natural-looking materials and are used with crowns on the front teeth.
We provide high-quality dentistry and we stand behind our work by offering a 5-year guarantee on our dental restorations. This guarantee is valid as long as you take care of your mouth by brushing and flossing daily, and come in twice a year for professional cleanings.
One-Visit Onlays and Inlays
Onlays and inlays are used to repair broken-down teeth with mild to moderate decay or to replace an existing large filling.
Inlays are used to repair a damaged or decayed tooth between the indented cusps on the top of teeth. Onlays are used for more extensive decay or damage and will cover the entire surface of the tooth.
Dr. Grimshaw uses the CEREC 3D imaging technology to precisely design your onlays and inlays in just one visit. The process is much the same as creating CEREC crowns, but with onlays and inlays, she is able to preserve most of the tooth's structure as less preparation is required.
Tom is very happy with his one-visit CEREC crowns.
“The porcelain crown was totally completed in the dentist’s office, so it was fast and convenient. All of the attentive staff is well trained along with Dr. Grimshaw, and they have the latest equipment. The results of these procedures have been very satisfactory. Dr. Grimshaw is very professional and friendly. I would certainly recommend Kuhn Dental Associates to anyone.”